Friday, March 21, 2008

Let's Get the NHL Playoffs Started Already

Though I do not have the blood lust for the Nashville Predators like other villains of Red Wings past, it was nice to see the Wings dispatch them handily last night and in their own building. (Now that they can't win at home- I guess the Predators have lost six straight in their building - maybe it's time to move the team north, where hockey is meant to played, like London Ontario or Kitchener.)

I especially like how the Predators took the early lead only to be answered by three straight Red Wings goals. Then they come back to tie the game at 3 and the Wings again score three straight, for an impressive 6-3 victory. Johan Franzen was the hero, getting the game winning goal in the third. Gotta love those Swedes.

I like the way we can score this year. We had some droughts this season and no doubt we’ll hit the skids in the playoffs as we so often do, but we got more offensive fire power this year than we have for a long time. (And now that I take a closer look, Hank Z. gets a hat trick Wednesday, scoring all three goals in a 3-1 win over Columbus.) Yes, I do love those swedes, with a special kind of love for Hank.

Down with (Columbus) Ohio. Down with the South (Nashville).

And pinch me if I’m dreaming, but it looks like we may get the Avalanche in round one of the playoffs. How nice would that be? Get that rivalry greased up again.

No comments: