Monday, July 27, 2009

Tigers Still #1 (in the AL Central)

(NOTE: It's now August 19th and I need to update my blog but as long as the Tigers continue to be in first place in the Central division the headline is still relevant.)

I'm like that book from a while back, the Underminer, the best friend who casually destroys your life.

And that life is the Detroit Tigers. (Not that anybody on their team or fans care what I think.) I fully expected them to fold their tents for the year and give the White Sox first place after their series this past weekend. While the Tiger hitters seemed to see my way of things, the pitchers kept them in the game and they did get some timely hits. So we will have to wait a bit longer for them to have that big season blow out, so I can say I told you so.

It's pretty bad the Tigers don't have a decent corner outfielder after dumping Gary Sheffeld and still paying him $15 million dollars to go away. And that makes it unlikely they will make the trade necessary at the deadline to stay in the pennant race.

No comments: